MCLC: Harvard position

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Thu Aug 9 12:17:19 EDT 2012

MCLC LIST
From: kirk (denton.2 at osu.edu)
Subject: Harvard position

The Department of East Asian Languages and Civilizations at Harvard
University invites applications for a tenure-track appointment in MODERN
CHINESE HUMANITIES, expected to begin on July 1, 2013. We are particularly
interested in scholars who combine strengths in film and/or media studies
with interdisciplinary range. We would also welcome applicants whose
research encompasses other areas of modern Chinese humanities, including
cultural and literary studies, Sinophone studies, and thought. All
applicants should possess a high level of proficiency in Chinese.

The successful candidate should demonstrate the capacity for excellence in
teaching as well as research, and will be expected to teach a range of
offerings related to Chinese humanities, from introductory undergraduate
lecture courses through graduate seminars.

Candidates should submit a cover letter, CV, the names and contact
information of three references who will be asked to submit letters of
recommendation, a statement of teaching philosophy and experience, and a
statement of current and future research plans. To ensure full
consideration applications should be submitted online by October 12, 2012
at: http://academicpositions.harvard.edu