[IMUG-L] Reminder: Topics for IMUG forum

Scharff, Mark mscharff at wustl.edu
Mon Feb 13 10:48:43 EST 2017

Agree with Jean.  Further topics:

1)     What sort(s) of public interfaces will be supported.  Will BIBFRAME be the death of the "Classic Catalog"-style OPAC?  What is the future of generating and browsing alphabetical lists?

2)     More selfishly to WU, what is the future of ancillary products such as reference databases?  We're running our sheet-music catalog in Millennium because III didn't bother to create a Sierra version of the reference database.  While in some ways I'm happy with that because Millennium supports alpha browsing better than Sierra, it's frustrating because processes that are shared with Sierra are sometimes "broken" in our Millennium application when the Sierra side changes.

Mark Scharff, Music Cataloger
Gaylord Music Library
Washington University in St. Louis
mscharff at wustl.edu<mailto:mscharff at wustl.edu>