[Folkserv] FW: Job posting for Lecturer/DUS in Harvard's program in Folklore & Mythology

Noyes, Dorothy noyes.10 at osu.edu
Mon Sep 19 14:46:45 EDT 2022

From: Mitchell, Stephen A. <samitch at fas.harvard.edu>
Date: Monday, September 19, 2022 at 14:37
Cc: Hutchison, Holly <hhutchis at fas.harvard.edu>
Subject: Job posting for Lecturer/DUS in Harvard's program in Folklore & Mythology
Dear friends and colleagues, As you may know, Harvard’s program in Folklore & Mythology is looking to hire a lecturer for a 3-year apppointment to teach in the program with additional responsibilities as the director of undergraduate studies
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender
    Report Suspicious  <https://us-phishalarm-ewt.proofpoint.com/EWT/v1/KGKeukY!s8QdnKdvzWbgCjqRMQ-ktHGAt2zGOr4759_Z0xO2kDTBxrIaDGAMHicEhg5qTWribH62LTpqHDDt6CM6z7IpR6E8EFr-FsKhdR49xs--gg$>   ‌
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
Dear friends and colleagues,

As you may know, Harvard’s program in Folklore & Mythology is looking to hire a lecturer for a 3-year apppointment to teach in the program with additional responsibilities as the director of undergraduate studies (or Head Tutor as we continue to call the posiiton).

>From the job posting:

The Committee on Degrees in Folklore & Mythology (https://folkmyth.fas.harvard.edu/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/folkmyth.fas.harvard.edu/__;!!KGKeukY!wgz14X5VEWb4TUcpFMVAjP6GhtHmf21W3o38BE_I2Fx-snk2VX_g6fDGFRbPhSz-I-saWMzjX5kXcqgqgIxkjwo-$>) seeks applications for a Lecturer in Folklore & Mythology, with additional responsibilities as the Head Tutor (i.e., director of undergraduate studies). The appointment will start on July 1, 2023, or earlier if suitable.  Teaching duties include offering three undergraduate courses in the concentration during the academic year, including F&M 97, a required course on ethnographic methods and fieldwork. In addition to teaching, the lecturer also serves as the director of undergraduate studies for the program, meeting with potential concentrators and advising undergraduates in the program on a wide variety of topics, including, e.g., thesis design, research and writing; course selection; IRB requirements; student record keeping; and other non-instructional educational activities, as well as participating in a variety of program meetings and activities.

The appointment is for three years, with the second two years contingent on performance, enrollments, curricular need, and divisional dean approval.

The complete detailed posting is available at: https://academicpositions.harvard.edu/hr/postings/11628<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/academicpositions.harvard.edu/hr/postings/11628__;!!KGKeukY!wgz14X5VEWb4TUcpFMVAjP6GhtHmf21W3o38BE_I2Fx-snk2VX_g6fDGFRbPhSz-I-saWMzjX5kXcqgqgBKN3ndV$>

I would be grateful if you would pass this notice on to those who might find it of interest.

Kind regards,

Steve

Stephen Mitchell
Robert S. and Ilse Friend Professor of Scandinavian and Folklore
Harvard University, 12 Quincy Street, Cambridge MA 02138 USA
+1 617-495-4788
Homepage<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/scholar.harvard.edu/smitchell__;!!KGKeukY!wgz14X5VEWb4TUcpFMVAjP6GhtHmf21W3o38BE_I2Fx-snk2VX_g6fDGFRbPhSz-I-saWMzjX5kXcqgqgHVdmjP3$>