[Folkserv] FW: A puppet making workshop on epistemic justice

Borland, Katherine borland.19 at osu.edu
Mon Oct 24 13:12:23 EDT 2022

Hello all,

I know we have many students, staff, and faculty members who are interested in theatre and social justice, so I want to bring your attention to the following workshop:

Re-storying All Our Relations: A puppet-making workshop on epistemic justice | Center for Latin American Studies (osu.edu)<https://clas.osu.edu/events/re-storying-all-our-relations-puppet-making-workshop-epistemic-justice>

October 25, 2022
11:00AM - 1:00PM
Location
Barnett Center Collaboratory (141 Sullivant Hall)

Join us on Tuesday, October 25th, 11 AM - 1 PM at the Barnett Center Collaboratory<https://barnettcenter.osu.edu/> (141 Sullivant Hall) for a puppet-making workshop on epistemic justice, featuring Daniel Bryan, Executive Director of Pachaysana Institute<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.pachaysana.org/__;!!KGKeukY!1U_ne0xhgS57udMM0ZZ7Ysvmu3pN5lUIp6vKy04KXW1zEPaPGa9H_kmet82anyIZkbrp3hexqHvU14AMd8Qp3fb_cg$>.

About the workshop

What knowledge does our world value? What does it mean “to know” something? In our formal education spaces, non-Western ways of thinking and being have been excluded, devalued, and invisiblized. This workshop asks us to collectively imagine what epistemic justice would look like in our lived realities. To do so, we will practice a puppet-making methodology developed between the Pachaysana Institute and the Andean community of Pintag in Ecuador.
Have a wonderful day,

Beth

Dr. Beth Kattelman
Professor, Curator
The Lawrence and Lee Theatre Research Institute