[Folkserv] FW: [PUBLORE] Job opportunity: West Virginia Mine Wars Museum Education Coordinator

Borland, Katherine borland.19 at osu.edu
Thu Dec 15 14:55:03 EST 2022

The West Virginia Mine Wars Museum is an independent people's history museum in Matewan, West Virginia working to tell the labor history of the Southern West Virginia coalfields and beyond. They recently posted a job opportunity for a full-time Education Coordinator, and as a board member of the museum, I'd love to see a folklorist in this position!

More about the Mine Wars Museum: "The West Virginia Mine Wars Museum preserves and shares stories about the struggles of coal miners and their families for workers’ rights, civil rights, and justice in the early 20th century. As a people’s history museum, we lift up the legacy of a multi-racial, multi-lingual effort to unionize the coalfields. We foster connections between the Mine Wars era and the injustices that still confront working people in Appalachia, the nation, and around the world. Finally, the museum educates youth, builds community partnerships, and promotes regional economic development." https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://wvminewars.org/__;!!KGKeukY!zM4TFSFRWErTuJdgAHAr2G7uardR9cVt9C7kAKjJ6ko5Lmq3VyclZtTjsvgSGWp2pgHM1iKiflAZ5V7JDCdfnSh5aw$<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/wvminewars.org/__;!!KGKeukY!zM4TFSFRWErTuJdgAHAr2G7uardR9cVt9C7kAKjJ6ko5Lmq3VyclZtTjsvgSGWp2pgHM1iKiflAZ5V7JDCdfnSh5aw$>

View the Education Coordinator Job posting here: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://wvminewars.org/news/educationcoordinatorjobposting__;!!KGKeukY!zM4TFSFRWErTuJdgAHAr2G7uardR9cVt9C7kAKjJ6ko5Lmq3VyclZtTjsvgSGWp2pgHM1iKiflAZ5V7JDCdbLTxNEw$<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/wvminewars.org/news/educationcoordinatorjobposting__;!!KGKeukY!zM4TFSFRWErTuJdgAHAr2G7uardR9cVt9C7kAKjJ6ko5Lmq3VyclZtTjsvgSGWp2pgHM1iKiflAZ5V7JDCdbLTxNEw$>
Applications are due January 13.

--
Emily Hilliard

Folklorist, Writer & Media Producer | emilyehilliard.com<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.emilyehilliard.com__;!!KGKeukY!zM4TFSFRWErTuJdgAHAr2G7uardR9cVt9C7kAKjJ6ko5Lmq3VyclZtTjsvgSGWp2pgHM1iKiflAZ5V7JDCeO2Qt9OA$ >
SPINSTER | spinstersounds.com<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://spinstersounds.com__;!!KGKeukY!zM4TFSFRWErTuJdgAHAr2G7uardR9cVt9C7kAKjJ6ko5Lmq3VyclZtTjsvgSGWp2pgHM1iKiflAZ5V7JDCdCSBvvGA$ >
Making Our Future: Visionary Folklore and Everyday Culture in Appalachia<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://uncpress.org/book/9781469671628/making-our-future/__;!!KGKeukY!zM4TFSFRWErTuJdgAHAr2G7uardR9cVt9C7kAKjJ6ko5Lmq3VyclZtTjsvgSGWp2pgHM1iKiflAZ5V7JDCf0YlgL5A$ >, out November 2022, UNC Press