[Electronicsclub] MakeOHI/O, NG Dinner and more!

Rubin, Connor S. rubin.191 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Mon Jan 29 20:38:06 EST 2018

Hi everyone,

First off, I apologize for the large volume of emails I’ve sent recently--it should slow down after this one--but I wanted to send out a few quick announcements about things you may be interested in:

1. MakeOHI/O registration is now open! If you didn’t know, MakeOHI/O is a 24 hackathon-style event with a focus on hardware, so in theory, you should all be interested. There’s free food, challenges, prizes, and corporate sponsors for those of you looking to network. It’s a great event, and I encourage you all to participate, even if you don’t have a team/idea prior to the event. Check out make-oh.io<http://make-oh.io> for more information and to register for the event!

2. Northrop Grumman (one of the club’s sponsors) is holding a dinner event to network with the students involved in the clubs that they support here at OSU. They’re looking to recruit heavily from these clubs, so it’s a great opportunity if you’re looking for an internship or contacts in the industry. Since dinner is provided, you have to RSVP using this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc9brM4XxcCsp_UrmQclVc4K7ugi3zmkU2gkVxeukgDwLBzqQ/viewform

3. Electronics Club is looking for a new lab manager to join our current lab manager (s/o to Phil). Responsibilities include keeping inventory of our club room and its supplies, holding office hours for those who want to use the club’s equipment, and lending out materials for OHI/O events. If you’re interested, send me an email with your resumé attached and a few sentences about why you’re interested.

4. Lastly, the grant application is closing this Wednesday at 11:59pm! If you’re interested, please fill out the short application before then. Here’s the link: https://goo.gl/forms/62BDpOZ4b6cT81Ov2. The awardees will be notified prior to the next club meeting.

[cid:7E19FD39-522E-4EDC-9419-C4C6E9D957F9 at osuwireless.ohio-state.edu]
Connor Rubin
President - Electronics Club
College of Engineering Electrical and Computer Engineering
rubin.191 at osu.edu<mailto:rubin.191 at osu.edu>
http://electronicsclub.osu.edu/