[Electronicsclub] Hacking Outreach Meeting (10/21)

Bauer, Eric C. bauer.432 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Mon Oct 19 17:09:17 EDT 2015

Greetings everyone,

Meeting Notice (10/7):
The Electronics Club will be having a meeting this Wednesday, 10/21, in Scott Lab E0040. This meeting will start at 7pm and last approximately two hours, and pizza will be provided. To gear up for the 2015 OHI/O Hackathon<http://hack.osu.edu/>, we are holding a workshop where you get to build a pulse detector or LED initials as well as keep your own speaker made from paper. This meeting will be led by Bree Glasgow and Clayton Greenbaum from the ECE Outreach Program.

Soldering Workshops:
Our second soldering workshop will be held this Friday, 10/23, at 5:30pm in the Open Lab Spaces in Caldwell, CL237 and should last no more than 3 hours. This workshop is also co-hosted by IEEE Undergrad, who are providing excellent mentorship. We will be building a four-bit binary counter PCB, which you will take home. We are limited to 20 participants for each workshop session, so we anticipate holding 4-5 workshops to accommodate everyone, so please RSVP at the link here<http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0f4cadac28a7ff2-fall> to reserve a seat on your preferred date.
You won't need to bring anything other than $15 to cover the cost of materials and training. Whether or not you have any soldering experience at all or just want to get your hands dirty and take home a cool device, be sure to sign up!
Thanks,

Eric Bauer
The Ohio State University - 2016
Electronics Club - President