[Electronicsclub] Meeting Notice (2/27) -- Custom LED Animations

Bauer, Eric C. bauer.432 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Sat Feb 21 20:52:34 EST 2015

Hello everyone,

The Electronics Club will meeting this Friday (2/27) at 5:30pm in Caldwell 120. Pizza will be provided. This is going to be an interactive meeting on how to create Custom LED Animations (like this)<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovrjYbkvlWs> using a microcontroller and a shift register! These are the wonderful ICs used to control lots of outputs with only 3 outputs. Projects include: Cylon eyes, LED matrices, LED Cubes, etc.

What should you bring?

*        A microcontroller - Arduinos or MSP430 of any flavor. I will be demonstrating with the MSP430 but provide code for both

*        Download Energia<http://energia.nu/> (if using the MSP430) and keep this pin mapping chart handy<http://energia.nu/pin-maps/guide_msp430g2launchpad/>

*        A breadboard if you have one, to help us out

The shift registers, LEDs, wire and spare breadboards will be provided! The source code, bill of materials and presentation will be available later this week in the slide archive<https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3e5KFYsKqdBR3NiRTh1My13VkU&authuser=0>.

Hope to see you there!

Eric Bauer
The Ohio State University - 2016
Electronics Club - President