[Electronicsclub] Meeting Followup - Projects & Parts

Bauer, Eric C. bauer.432 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Sun Feb 15 00:59:35 EST 2015

Hello Everyone,

Since we got a few new members and a fair share of you might have been at Taste of OSU, here's a quick follow-up of the meeting:

*        We talked about where to find Project ideas and either cheap or fast parts for them. The presentation (as well as older ones) is available at this archive<https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3e5KFYsKqdBR3NiRTh1My13VkU&usp=sharing>

*        Those who attended saw some project demos including a cigar box power supply, LC meter and custom guitar pedal

o   Sita's adjusted circuit schematic for the guitar pedal is available at the aforementioned archive link, and original instructable here<http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-Guitar-Pedal/>

o   The blog post detailing how to build the LC meter is available here<http://www.kerrywong.com/2010/10/16/avr-lc-meter-with-frequency-measurement/>

*        Ohio State's SAE Baja Team is looking for help on a rugged, real-time driver feedback system. This a great chance to develop your skills and resume

o   Contact Evan Yarrington.9 if interested

*        There is a job opportunity in the Astronomy Department for the connectorization of spectral analysis arrays. 10 hours/week this semester and leads into the summer

o   Contact Professor Bibyk.1 if interested

Our next meeting will be Friday, 2/27 in Caldwell 120 @ 5:30pm. More details will follow closer to the date. Good luck on any midterms!

Thanks,

Eric Bauer
The Ohio State University - 2016