[Electronicsclub] Meeting Notice

Bauer, Eric C. bauer.432 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Mon Nov 17 10:17:03 EST 2014

Greetings Everyone!

I just wanted to let you all know we be having a meeting this Wednesday at 5:30pm in Caldwell 078 (the club room in the basement). I will be giving a presentation on how to be a very basic direct conversion AM Radio Receiver. If you cannot make the meeting and would like to know how to do this, I will send you the slides/handout. Just email me at bauer.432 at osu.edu<mailto:bauer.432 at osu.edu>. We will also open up the floor to any members who want to share what projects they are currently working on. If you're stuck on anything in your project, we can try to brainstorm some solutions. There will not be pizza at this meeting.

As a note to members with Full Lab Access, the club picked up some new parts from the Ft. Wayne Hamfest. We now have LM317 and LM337 variable voltage regulators, 20k breadboard ready trimmer pots, DIP switches, 7-segments and heatsinks. You are welcome to use any of these for your projects.

Lastly, the final meeting of the semester is tentatively set for Wednesday, Dec. 3rd at 5:30pm. I will be giving a talk on how to use PWM w/ the Arduino Microcontroller. Events for next semester will include a Soldering Workshop in partnership w/ IEEE, a talk on Arduino Basics, Bus Protocols (SPI, I2C, CAN, 1-Wire), and more! If you have a topic that you would like to present to the club, shoot me an email and we can get it set up!

Thanks,

Eric Bauer

The Ohio State University - 2016
Electronics Club - President