[Electronicsclub] Last Autumn Meeting--Using PWM with Arduino

Ryan Karason ryankarason at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 13:14:01 EST 2014

electronics club,

While the ATmega328P does PWM, you are quite limited by the number pins
(with hardware support for PWM).
This chip > http://www.ti.com/product/tlc5940 <, the TLC5940, however
extends 4 PWM pins, to 16 PWM pins... and... you can daisy-chain them :)
I was able to order 5 samples of their website a few years ago. You should
still be able to sample them and try them out.
Oh, and there is already Arduino libraries written to interact with the
chip.

—Ryan Alan Karason