[Electronicsclub] Meeting Recap

Cory Henderson henderson.522 at osu.edu
Fri Jan 20 15:54:40 EST 2012

Hey Guys,

First I want to thank everyone who came to the meeting on Wednesday. We had
a good turnout, and I think everything went well.

The biggest thing we covered is the 24 hour lab access. Certifications have
started so contact us if you would like to get started. Requirements are a
$10/yr. fee and an adequate understanding of the lab guidelines, which will
be demonstrated to an officer. Once certified, you will have 24/7 access to
the lab, access to the parts/components locker, and a user account on the
lab computer. Any questions can be directed to Nick Halliday, Lab Manager ,
at halliday.70 at osu.edu, or the club e-mail address: electronicsosu at gmail.com
.

The next thing is something I forgot to bring up in the meeting. As an
active student organization, we are eligible to receive up to $2000/yr. for
programming expenses. Programming expenses are for events held by the club.
There are many rules about what can be funded, but we are just asking for
potential ideas for programs so we can use the money. An example would be
hiring a guest lecturer to teach a concept that isn't covered by university
staff, perhaps a workshop in building something, etc. All events must be
open to the public as well, so keep that in mind. I don't want to get into
too much specifics about the financial details here, but if you have an
idea, please contact me and we'll see if we can work something out.

Note: The deadline for programming requests is the 5th Friday of the
preceding quarter. So the deadline for Sp '12 is February 3.
More information on fundable items can be found here
http://ohiounion.osu.edu/posts/documents/doc_10192011_74034380.pdf on pages
18-21

That's it for now. As always, the website (
http://sites.google.com/site/electronicsosu) is available with up to date
lab times and other resources.

-Cory Henderson
Co-President, Electronics Club at The Ohio State University