[Electronicsclub] Possible Group Project: LED Scrolling Message Sign with RSS Feed Display

duncan72187 duncan72187 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 21:04:16 EST 2012

This would be a great thing to build on top of MAVRK. I know the MAVRK team
at TI would love to have a module with one (or more) of TI's LED drivers on
them, such as the TLV5947 (http://www.ti.com/product/tlc5947). That chip
would give you PWM control of 24 LEDs (or 8 RGB LEDs) and we could
multiplex them to fill out an entire display. This would make it a little
more involved because it requires a little bit of board design, but it
could be a great fit for anyone interested in getting board design
experience. I'm sure we could get the board fabricated and assembled for
free. I have designed modules for MAVRK myself and can give you all the
help you need, so don't be worried about getting in over your head or
anything.

The great thing about MAVRK is that you could easily expand this project
with various wireless interfaces, power management, more controls or
sensors, etc.

So this could get done for (mostly) free. I think the only thing we would
have to buy would be the LED matrices and the wires to connect everything.
Let me know if you are interested and we can get together and think through
the design a little more.

Luke.