[Electronicsclub] MAVRK Follow Up

Luke Duncan duncan.939 at osu.edu
Thu Feb 2 20:48:11 EST 2012

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to follow up the shameless plug I gave to MAVRK at the last
meeting. MAVRK (pronounced "maverick") is a modular development platform
that I helped to develop at Texas Instruments. You can find all of the
information about it at ti.com/mavrk. It is super flexible and can be used
to put together pretty much any project you can think of (except for maybe
high voltage stuff).

As I mentioned at the meeting, TI would love to have us building all of our
projects with MAVRK. In fact, they have already sent me 5 kits (worth
~$1000) specifically for use in the open electronics lab. They have also
offered any modules (MCUs, ADCs, Wireless, etc.) that we need for free. If
there are modules that you want that they haven't created yet, or if you
are looking to get experience designing boards, I can help you through the
design of a module, and if it suits TI's needs they will have the board
fabricated and assembled free of charge and will then add it to the growing
list of MAVRK modules that they sell. That way, you get your project
completed for free, and if you do a good job of designing the module you
can be sure that you will get offered an internship of full time job at TI
if you want it.

Also, TI has an analog design contest each year where you can win up to
$10,000 just by making something cool using TI parts. Information is here:
http://www.ti.com/corp/docs/landing/universityprogram/index.htm.  Typically
senior students working on the capstone projects participate, but it is
open to all students. If you build your project on top of MAVRK and it fits
the requirements of the design contest, Dr. Bibyk and I can help you get
entered into the contest.

So if you have a project in mind, feel free to email myself or the
electronics club list and I am happy to get you started with a MARK kit and
any help you need to get it done.

Thanks,
Luke Duncan
duncan.939 at osu.edu