[Drupal] Changes to YouTube ToS

Hopkins-Lutz, Richard hopkins-lutz.1 at osu.edu
Wed May 26 09:28:08 EDT 2021

When last we tried it a couple of years ago:

  1.  Slow to load, no VBR
  2.  Upload post processing is very slow.
  3.  Was forcing Shibboleth to view, even when set to allow everyone
  4.  Just plain didn't work in Safari
  5.  No auto-generated subtitles - they were evaluating some options like IBM Watson but my understanding is it was dropped for lack of budget/resources

Unless at least the first few of these were solved in the interim, it's not a solution.

We currently offer YouTube and Vimeo embedding.

[The Ohio State University]
Richard Hopkins-Lutz
Web Services Manager
College of Engineering Engineering Technology Services
hopkins-lutz.1 at osu.edu<mailto:hopkins-lutz.1 at osu.edu> osu.edu<http://osu.edu/>
He/Him/His/Mr.