[Drupal] Drupal login issue

Shelton, Mitchell shelton.5 at osu.edu
Wed Jan 9 07:20:11 EST 2013

Hello Dan,

Have you tried logging into a raw core install in the same environment? That might be good to eliminate the environment issues so you can focus on possible Drupal issues. I would enable error reporting, if you already haven't, as described in the white screen of death page. Also, check your Drupal log and see if it is catching any errors there (you can just look in the DB under the watchdog table).

For error reporting I recommend the following at the top of html.tpl.php:

<?php

  // If we are not on production display errors
  if ($_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] != 'origins.osu.edu') {
    error_reporting(E_NOTICE);
    ini_set("display_errors", 1);
  }

?>

As you mentioned at the end of your stack exchange post, this sounds like a theme problem, possibly just a path problem. Check for modifications to the /user and /user/login pages, it is possible that someone has overridden one of these paths so you are in some kind of redirection loop.

Thank you,

Mitchell R.K. Shelton
Software Engineer
The Harvey Goldberg Center for Excellence in Teaching
Department of History
207 Dulles Hall
230 W. 17th Ave.
Columbus, OH 43210