[Comicsstudiessociety] Comics in the City 2023

Jeanette Roan jroan at cca.edu
Wed Jun 14 15:00:08 EDT 2023

Dear colleagues,

Please find below a message from Justin Hall, the chair of CCA's MFA in
Comics program, with information about our upcoming Comics in the City
speaker series line-up as well as other associated events.  Everything is
free and open to the public (in-person only this year).

Happy summer,
Jeanette

Hello folks!

I wanted you all to be aware of the extensive offerings we've got planned
for this summer during the MFA in Comics intensive! I'm really excited
about our line-up this year. As always, these are all free and open to the
public.

Feel free to spread the word and I hope to see you there!
Justin

Saturday July 1st - CCA Comics Festival
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://portal.cca.edu/events-calendar/cca-comics-festival-2023/__;!!KGKeukY!w6rJkyokOs7kuEJDJjRqlhG_ksPlt_dlGXVSz-kszpc0m96GTaNQX05ZO-UmGnHTDsC264c-sJX4e9HKSjg1laHf_gQ$ > at
Silver Sprocket
Comics in the City guest speaker series
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://portal.cca.edu/events-calendar/comics-city-summer-2024/__;!!KGKeukY!w6rJkyokOs7kuEJDJjRqlhG_ksPlt_dlGXVSz-kszpc0m96GTaNQX05ZO-UmGnHTDsC264c-sJX4e9HKSjg18-1LCDg$ >
Friday July 7th - Comics in the City: Rina Ayuyang
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://portal.cca.edu/events-calendar/rina-ayuyang/__;!!KGKeukY!w6rJkyokOs7kuEJDJjRqlhG_ksPlt_dlGXVSz-kszpc0m96GTaNQX05ZO-UmGnHTDsC264c-sJX4e9HKSjg1uX_B2Uw$ >

Friday July 14th - Comics in the City: Thien Pham
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://portal.cca.edu/events-calendar/thien-pham/__;!!KGKeukY!w6rJkyokOs7kuEJDJjRqlhG_ksPlt_dlGXVSz-kszpc0m96GTaNQX05ZO-UmGnHTDsC264c-sJX4e9HKSjg1FTBkeoY$ >
Friday July 14th - Emanata Show Gallery Opening
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://portal.cca.edu/events-calendar/emanata-gallery-show-opening/__;!!KGKeukY!w6rJkyokOs7kuEJDJjRqlhG_ksPlt_dlGXVSz-kszpc0m96GTaNQX05ZO-UmGnHTDsC264c-sJX4e9HKSjg13J-2pac$ >
Friday July 21st - Comics in the City: Jean Frederic Koné
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://portal.cca.edu/events-calendar/jean-frederic-kon**A/__;w6k!!KGKeukY!w6rJkyokOs7kuEJDJjRqlhG_ksPlt_dlGXVSz-kszpc0m96GTaNQX05ZO-UmGnHTDsC264c-sJX4e9HKSjg1IsAPxuc$ >
Friday July 28th - Comics in the City: Bishakh Som
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://portal.cca.edu/events-calendar/bishakh-som/__;!!KGKeukY!w6rJkyokOs7kuEJDJjRqlhG_ksPlt_dlGXVSz-kszpc0m96GTaNQX05ZO-UmGnHTDsC264c-sJX4e9HKSjg1n8TDDNs$ >
Thursday August 3rd - Comics in the City: Graduate Readings I
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://portal.cca.edu/events-calendar/graduate-readings/__;!!KGKeukY!w6rJkyokOs7kuEJDJjRqlhG_ksPlt_dlGXVSz-kszpc0m96GTaNQX05ZO-UmGnHTDsC264c-sJX4e9HKSjg1yb4gzs4$ >

Friday August 4th - Comics in the City: Graduate Readings II
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://portal.cca.edu/events-calendar/graduate-readings-2/__;!!KGKeukY!w6rJkyokOs7kuEJDJjRqlhG_ksPlt_dlGXVSz-kszpc0m96GTaNQX05ZO-UmGnHTDsC264c-sJX4e9HKSjg1oNSzRj0$ >

[image: image.png]

design by GB Tran

--