[CaCL] First Meeting

Rebecca Morley morley at ling.ohio-state.edu
Sun Jan 15 17:41:00 EST 2012

ok folks,

The results of the poll indicate the time that accommodates the most people is Tuesday 12-1:30.  Apologies to those who cannot make that time.  Since we are actually scheduled for Mondays, we will need to secure a room.  Stay tuned for info on that.  In the meantime, assume we will be meeting this coming Tuesday.

We will spend some of the meeting on organization/selection of papers.  Please think of anything you would particularly like to read; presentations are also welcome.  I also thought we could devote the rest of the time to discussion of the following short paper, which is a review and critique of Zipf's frequency law.