[CaCL] This week

Fred Mailhot fmailhot at ling.osu.edu
Mon Oct 18 03:52:29 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

We decided that this week we would do another video from the MIT
workshop that Andy pointed out to us last time before getting into
papers and presentations.

Please take a few minutes to have a look at the available videos on this
page (each linked talk takes you to a page with an abstract):

http://mitworld.mit.edu/series/view/119

We had decided that we would take a vote. Please send me your top two
choices by Tuesday evening, so that I can send out an announcement.

My votes: Partha Niyogi or Josh Tenebaum

On a related note, there was another workshop in 2007, whose videos are
also online, and that we might want to have a look at, possibly next
semester. These talks look, if anything, even more appealing to me (and
are just possibly a bit closer in content to the stated aims of our group):

http://videolectures.net/mlcs07_london/

See you Thursday!
Fred.