[Vwoolf] Dramatisations of VW

Dr T Tate tt206 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Mar 7 12:49:53 EST 2021

Dear Elisa,

Thanks for the warning. A few months ago I heard part of an adaption of
To the Lighthouse on the BBC Sounds app. Usually the BBC readings are
outstanding, but the adaptations of VW can be variable. This version of
TTL had Mr Ramsay saying something like 'I am always right. It's what I
do', sounding bizarrely like Chandler from Friends. This adaptation
didn't seem to have much sense of Woolf's prose. I wonder if that's in
the same collection that you have?

Juliette Stevenson's readings of the full novels on Naxos, by contrast,
are I think extremely good.

Best wishes,
Trudi

---