[Vwoolf] Woolf reviewing the Romantics - article by Hungerford - scan needed

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 15:54:13 EST 2021

Dear Anne,

I only knew Ed through the Durrell Society, and it was always a delight
to spend a day with him, wherever it might be, talking Durrell, Woolf,
and Bloomsbury. I first met him on Corfu in 2000 and enjoyed every time
our paths crossed over the years since. You're right -- he was keenly
interested in everything we were all doing, and it made a young scholar
like I was at the time feel comfortable trying out ideas.

And thank *you* again for your wonderful editing!

Best,
James (Gifford)