[Vwoolf] Feminist Modernist Studies Issue 3.2: Feminist Modernist Ecocriticism

Erin M Kingsley erin.kingsley at colorado.edu
Fri Sep 4 10:20:50 EDT 2020

Dear friends,

Please see our new special issue of *Feminist Modernist Studies*—winner of
the CELJ Best New Journal Award—on Feminist Modernist Ecocriticism. The
issue features magnificent artwork in Susan Friedman’s essay on scalar
planetarity, articles on the New Materialist theory, and much more in long
20th-century modernity. Note in particular that Friedman's essay discusses
Woolf at some length.

We encourage you all to submit your original work to *FMS *as we continue
to work to grow this important new journal.

Thank you!

*Volume 3,* no2
<https://www.tandfonline.com/action/tocQuickLink?quickLinkJournal=rfmd20&quickLinkId=vrfmd20-3>

Top of Form

*Feminist Modernist Ecocriticism *

Introduction
<https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/24692921.2020.1794463>

Erin M. Kingsley <https://www.tandfonline.com/author/Kingsley%2C+Erin+M>

   -  *Articles *

   Scaling planetarity: *spacetime* in the new modernist studies – Virginia
   Woolf, H.D., Hilma af Klint, Alicja Kwade, Kathy Jetn̄il-Kijiner
   <https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/24692921.2020.1794470>

   - Susan Stanford Friedman
   <https://www.tandfonline.com/author/Friedman%2C+Susan+Stanford>

   The queer ecology of Vernon Lee’s transient affections
   <https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/24692921.2020.1794460>

   - Dennis Denisoff <https://www.tandfonline.com/author/Denisoff%2C+Dennis>

   Suzanne Césaire’s Posthumanism: Figuring the *Homme-plante*
   <https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/24692921.2020.1794464>

   Lauren L. Nelson <https://www.tandfonline.com/author/Nelson%2C+Lauren+L>

   Women, insects, modernity: American domestic ecologies in the late
   nineteenth century
   <https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/24692921.2020.1794462>

   David Hollingshead
   <https://www.tandfonline.com/author/Hollingshead%2C+David>

   Reading the world’s liveliness: animist ecologies in Indigenous
   knowledges, new materialism and women’s writing
   <https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/24692921.2020.1794458>

   Elizabeth Anderson
   <https://www.tandfonline.com/author/Anderson%2C+Elizabeth>

   “There is no *out there*”: trans-corporeality and process philosophy in
   Muriel Rukeyser’s *The Speed of Darkness*
   <https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/24692921.2020.1794465>

   Sarah Daw <https://www.tandfonline.com/author/Daw%2C+Sarah>