[Vwoolf] music halls and Vesta Tilley?

Leslie Hankins lhankins at cornellcollege.edu
Tue May 26 18:37:47 EDT 2020

hello dear woolf ones,
So sad we won't be in person this year.

I have a quirky query--does anyone know anything about Woolf and the
extremely popular music hall performer, Vesta Tilley, who impersonated
males? The only references I have found so far to VW and music halls are
diary entries and Night and Day . . . .

I haven't dug into the music hall search yet, but thought I'd cheat and ask
the pros!

If this rings any bells, or if you know of someone working in this area,
please let me know.

Be safe, and remember, this virus will pass away .. . . . .

leslie

--
Leslie Kathleen Hankins
Professor

*"No doubt we should be, on the whole, much worse off than we are without
our astonishing gift for illusion."*
*                   Virginia Woof, Jacob's Room*