[Vwoolf] "English prose of this quality is hard to rival"*

Jean Mills millsj7 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 09:28:14 EDT 2020

Me neith... as the kidz say. I agree with Mark. I had no trouble
understanding the passage, although I was unsure, for a moment, of what was
being implied by the "limpid clarity" remark or the dig at Derridean
readers of Woolf. But, you know, I'm on lockdown now, with wayyyyyy too
much time on my hands, so I may just crack open that Deconstructionist
reading of Woolf. They say we have to work out from home now :)

And sending big love to all the PhD candidates out there. Keep 'em coming!
We need you.

Jean

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 8:59 AM Sarah M. Hall via Vwoolf <
vwoolf at lists.osu.edu> wrote:

> Keep it clean, folks. We can't cope with coronavirus AND Brexit.
>

> On Monday, 23 March 2020, 12:33:31 GMT, mhussey at verizon.net <
> mhussey at verizon.net> wrote:
>

> Is being anti-“Continental” philosophy part of Brexit?:). I didn’t find
> anything particularly difficult to follow in the quote…

Jean Mills
Associate Professor
The Department of English
John Jay College/CUNY
524 West 59th Street, Room 7.63.12
New York, NY 10019

AUTHOR OF:

"Obscene, Grotesque, and Carnivalesque: Hope Mirrlees's *Lud-in-the-Mist *as
Menippean Satire" in *The Female Fantastic: Gendering the Supernatural in
the 1890s and 1920s. *Routledge, Fall, 2018.

https://www.routledge.com/The-Female-Fantastic-Gendering-the-Supernatural-in-the-1890s-and-1920s/McCormick-Mitchell-Soares/p/book/9780815364023

"Placing Virginia Woolf "
http://www.tate.org.uk/whats-on/tate-st-ives/exhibition/virginia-woolf
(February, 2018)

"'With every nerve in my body I stand for peace': Jane Ellen Harrison and
the Heresy of War" in *Reconsidering Peace and Patriotism during the First
World War *(Palgrave/Macmillan, 2017)
http://www.palgrave.com/de/book/9783319513003

*Virginia Woolf, Jane Ellen Harrison, and the Spirit of Modernist
Classicism *(The Ohio State University Press, 2014)
https://ohiostatepress.org/Books/Book%20Pages/Mills%20Virginia.html

Associate Editor, *Feminist Modernist Studies*

212.237.8706
JEMILLS at JJAY.CUNY.EDU