[Vwoolf] Woolf and Pandemic Time - Noema Article

Laura Zander lauraz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 16:09:22 EDT 2020

Hello!
I hadn't seen this article circulated on the list yet, so wanted to bring
it to your attention:
https://www.noemamag.com/pandemic-time-a-distributed-doomsday-clock/

Venkatesh Rao writes about the distortion of time perception caused by the
pandemic and uses Woolf's "on or about December 1910" as a marker for when
the last age started, the current age beginning now. I don't agree with his
assertion that Mr. Bennett and Mrs. Brown "was above all a declaration that
the nature of time itself had changed" but I still think this is an
interesting (and fair warning: long) piece.