[Vwoolf] Teaching Woolf Now and Online

Barbara Green Barbara.J.Green.15 at nd.edu
Tue Jun 9 11:04:32 EDT 2020

Dear Liz and all,

Thank you, Liz, for launching this helpful discussion. I'd add to the list
Marianna Torgovnick's *Gone Primitive *which does a reading of discourses
of primitivism in Roger Fry's work. It could work nicely with the excellent
Gretchen Gerzina piece, "Bushmen and Blackface: Bloomsbury and Race,"
already mentioned.

Thank you, Helen Southworth, and your MAPP group for sharing your Woolf
Online resources. I wonder whether you'd be interested in listing some
modern feminist digital archives as providing a context for Woolf's
writings. There isn't an open access resource as rich as the MJP, Blue
Mountain, or the Modernist Magazines Project (modernistmagazines.com), but
the *Women's Library at the LSE* has made some of their materials available
online.

https://digital.library.lse.ac.uk/collections/thewomenslibrary

In addition, Maria DiCenzo has a project that provides helpful material on
feminist media in the interwar years. The material on *Time and Tide* could
be particularly useful for a session on Woolf's feminist writings,
especially since excerpts from *A Room of One's Own* were published in *Time
and Tide*. (*Time and Tide *is not yet readily available online, however.)

https://interwarfeminism.omeka.net/about

Best,

Barbara

Barbara Green
Professor of English
Concurrent Faculty Gender Studies
Editor, *Journal of Modern Periodical Studies*
University of Notre Dame
Notre Dame IN 46556
bgreen at nd.edu