[Vwoolf] G.E. Watts Bequest to Adrian Stephen

Stuart N. Clarke stuart.n.clarke at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 19 04:52:31 EDT 2020

Annie Prinsep was a niece of Henry Thoby Prinsep and Sara Prinsep (née Pattle; “Little Holland House”), the sister of Maria Jackson, VW’s maternal grandmother:

Anne Mary Prinsep (Annie)
Born Calcutta 1848; died Ryde, Isle of Wight 1932. Annie cared for her Uncle Thoby and Aunt Sara until their deaths, living at their home in Freshwater, and then with her sisters Louisa and May before establishing her own home at Ryde. Annie was close friends with Julia Margaret Cameron, Alfred Tennyson and George Frederick Watts ...

http://press-files.anu.edu.au/downloads/press/p290761/html/Text/bsketches.xhtml?referer=236&page=5#toc_marker-6

Stuart
(Day 124)
“Time is a strange thing.
When one lives heedlessly, time means nothing.
But then suddenly, one is aware of nothing else.”
(“Die Zeit die ist ein sonderbar Ding”, usw, sings the Marschallin in “Der Rosenkavalier”, towards the end of Act I)