[Vwoolf] really obscure Elizabethan reference

coruscate818 coruscate818 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 20:51:39 EDT 2020

But I think Google Books
<https://books.google.com/books?id=CF9SAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA382&lpg=PA382&dq=owl+in+the+ivy+elizabethan+play&source=bl&ots=apbWGROF36&sig=ACfU3U2EfEcNJFk7UiOP-t0Hbuj6nV1wkQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwififyX9bnqAhXxknIEHfIQAoEQ6AEwCXoECAgQAQ#v=onepage&q=ivy&f=false>
has the answer: John Marston's Histriomastix or The Player Whipped.