[Vwoolf] Woolf Diaries e-text research question

Stuart N. Clarke stuart.n.clarke at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 29 11:37:40 EST 2020

Buy this for a pittance through Kobo:
https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/virginia-woolf-the-complete-works-2

Stuart

From: Annaliese Hoehling via Vwoolf
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 4:26 PM
To: vwoolf at lists.osu.edu
Subject: [Vwoolf] Woolf Diaries e-text research question

Dear Woolfians,

I would like to search Woolf's diaries between the period of 1927-1931 (roughly) for any mention of a particular League of Nations commission/study. Forgive my archival and bibliography ignorance here, but is there an e-version of her diaries from this period that would allow me to keyword search?

I have the "Writer's Diary" e-version, but the multi-volume printing of her diaries does not seem to be available electronically.

I am considering requesting scans of sections from Vol. 3 through my library that I can then try to OCR, but thought I would check with the experts here to see if there is already a searchable option available (I don't have reliable OCR software at the moment, so this option is not as straight forward at it would seem).

Any tips or resources would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Annaliese

Annaliese Hoehling, MA, MFA
PhD Candidate (ABD), English Literature, UMass Amherst
Teaching Assistant, English Department, UMass Amherst

Recent Article: "Minoritarian 'Marvelous Real': Enfolding Revolution in Alejo Carpentier's The Kingdom of This World." Journal of Postcolonial Writing, 54:2, 254-267, DOI: 10.1080/17449855.2017.1403362

Forthcoming Article: "Seeing History in the Baroque Ruins of Elizabeth Bowen’s The Last September." The Journal of Modern Literature.