[Vwoolf] Another madey-uppy quotey?

Stuart N. Clarke stuart.n.clarke at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 17 10:38:44 EST 2020

Ella Baron’s full-page cartoon in the TLS on 6/12/19 was headed: “Distorted realities have always been my cup of tea” – Virginia Woolf.

Never heard of that one, so I turned to Kobo – and couldn’t find it.  Just now, I have checked the CD-ROM and have again drawn a blank.

In the meantime, I looked at Google Books, and found the quote in Petar Penda’s "Aesthetics and Ideology of D. H. Lawrence, Virginia Woolf, and T. S. Eliot" (Lexington Books, imprint of Rowman & Littlefield: 2017), p. 47: NO REF. – naughty, naughty.  However, it seems to have been floating around the Internet since at least 2015. There’s even a ref. to “Selected Diaries” as a source.

The mug has sold out:
https://www.etsy.com/ie/listing/552404476/enamel-mug-tea-drinker-gift-bookish