[Vwoolf] embossings and impressions

Jeremy Hawthorn jeremy.hawthorn at ntnu.no
Thu Aug 20 05:06:40 EDT 2020

I received yet another e-mail from one of those fraudulent journal
vanity publishers today. The wording reminded me of our exchanges on the
child embossing its face on bread (I think) in Dickens' "Sketches by Boz."

Quote: "Dear Hawthorn, Jeremy,
Warmest greetings from the editorial office.
We are writing to express our deep impression on your paper under the
title of "Ernest Bramah and two novels by George Orwell.", which has
been published in Notes & Queries.
Due to your rich academic experience and excellent research
accomplishments, we will feel honored if you could contribute papers to
our journal and join us as one of the Editorial Board Members/Reviewers."

Mental image of a sheet of paper with the impression of a face on it.

Jeremy