[Vwoolf] Mystery photo!

Adams, David adams.428 at osu.edu
Tue Aug 4 13:28:29 EDT 2020

Blame it on the opera, which moved a couple dozen kilometers<https://goo.gl/maps/orFnLH8FuYJRLi41A>.  According to Wikipedia<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garsington_Manor>, Garsington Manor "from 1989 to 2010 was the setting for an annual summer opera season, the Garsington Opera, which relocated to Wormsley Park, the home of Mark Getty near Stokenchurch in Buckinghamshire, in 2011." The Garsington Opera Pavilion now sits right next to Wormsley's Home Farm House<https://wormsley.com/estate-locations/home-farm/>, the ground floor sitting room of which, in case you were wondering, is "suitable for small private meetings and break-out sessions."  I'm pretty sure Home Farm House is the subject in your mystery photo.

One mystery leads to another.  I find myself wondering who this other Stuart is, the Stuart Chalmers credited with the Garsington Opera photo.  And I'm struck by how disheveled Garsington Manor looks in the May 2019 Google street view (zoom in on my first link above)—it does not look suitable for corporate break-out sessions.  Perhaps a renovation was beginning last year?

David

P.S.  I subscribe to the "digest" version of this list so if someone else already solved the mystery, I didn't see it yet and apologize for the repetition.
P.P.S.  I'm told my message was "too big" for the list with two photos attached so I now include only the links to the photos:
https://wormsley.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/slide-home-farm1.jpg
https://goo.gl/maps/Nk2Qp6iBrExuPCnMA