[Vwoolf] reading group this Friday - creativity through Covid times

Ilana Simons irs2000 at nyu.edu
Mon Apr 27 16:47:12 EDT 2020

Hi all,

I am part of a reading group that's just started, and I want to welcome in
anyone who's interested.

We're about 15 people from all over the world -- largely artists, poets and
literary critics - who are reading through short texts that look at the
impact of Covid on our lives.  Not in a concrete way - we're looking at how
to rethink rigid work schedules, how to act creatively through crisis, and
what shifts might open up in the world past the pandemic.

You can participate as much as you want, or just observe.  We meet for just
an hour, Friday, 8 am Pacific Coast Time.

Two weeks ago, we started with Woolf's "On Being Ill."  This coming Friday,
we're reading one short essay by Judith Butler and one by Vivian Gornick.  You
can access both texts here
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qIGWCJBATrr02QKuq5WR90x1B-Og4N7y>.
These two essays look at solitude and interconnectedness- living alone and
being committed to each other through the objects we share (Butler: the
packaging we exchange these days carries a trace that could kill).

Come join us if you'd like, or send me an email for more info:
Join Zoom Meeting friday at 8 am pacific time
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2491865685

Meeting ID: 249 186 5685
One tap mobile
+16699009128,,2491865685# US (San Jose)