[Vwoolf] Woolf, Conrad, and bosse

Stuart N. Clarke stuart.n.clarke at btinternet.com
Tue Apr 21 17:02:29 EDT 2020

Your PS is true about JR, malheureusement.

This “corde à noeuds”, could it be what we call a turk’s head knot?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turk%27s_head_knot

One tends to have one of these on the front of a canal boat to protect the prow when you bump into lock gates, etc.  I can’t seem to find what I’m searching for close up, but it looks a bit like a solid version of this:

Various images of boats, some with turk’s heads:
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=canal+boats&FORM=HDRSC2

Stuart