[Vwoolf] Wombat Clarification

Jones, Danell danell.jones at msubillings.edu
Fri Apr 17 13:20:57 EDT 2020

Hello All!

This may be a part of our trivia game, but I haven’t seen it yet and would like a clarification.

When Vanessa addresses letters to “William and Wombat” when writing to Virginia and Adrian who are traveling in Spain in 1906, who, exactly is “Wombat”?  The notes in the letters say it is her dog, another biographer says it is Adrian.

Yet the language of the letters sometimes suggests that Virginia is both “William” and “Wombat.”

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

I hope this finds everyone holding up. In these times, I realize again how lucky we are to be book lovers.

Danell

Danell Jones

Sent from my iPad