[Vwoolf] "Orlando" MS

Stuart N. Clarke stuart.n.clarke at btinternet.com
Sun Sep 29 05:13:37 EDT 2019

I have just (finally) noticed . . . that on the upper wrapper of SACKVILLE-WEST, Robert, "Inheritance: The Story of Knole and the Sackvilles" (London, [etc.]: Bloomsbury, 2010), faintly in the background is a reproduction of part of a page of the MS of “Orlando”, corresponding to MS 88 in my transcription (inc. the passage along these lines: “the obscure generations of an obscure family.  Not one of those Eliza Richards & Johns, Elizabeths & Marys is remembered now”).