[Vwoolf] Woolf in Austin

Diane Reynolds direynolds1502 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 11:54:02 EST 2019

I am visiting in Austin, and have had the opportunity to go to two side-by-side exhibits at the UT Ransome Center, one on Jane Austen and one on Modernism. The modernism exhibit included Woolf’s April 15, 1908 letter to Clive Bell in which she says she would like to write a “subtle” work on the proper writing of biography. For me, it was a delight to see my two favorite writers side by side, especially as I could imagine Woolf very much enjoying the Austen exhibit.