[Vwoolf] Dalloway Day UK events

Sarah M. Hall smhall123 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 8 03:51:18 EDT 2019

 Glad you asked this, Frances, although simultaneously dismayed that word hasn't reached this list (for which I blame myself).

All the DallowayDay events we know about in the UK are on the VWSGB Events page: http://www.virginiawoolfsociety.org.uk/events

Including the VWSGB DallowayDay on Sat 15 June.

First the short version of that, for anyone inclined to tweet it:

The #VWSGB #DallowayDay 2019 theme is ‘Queering Dalloway’
Sat 15 June 2019: join us for Bloomsbury walk, discussions on Adapting Mrs Dalloway and Queer Bloomsbury, refreshments & book signings.
Full details: http://www.virginiawoolfsociety.org.uk/events

And the full version:

DallowayDay2019: Queering Dalloway
Saturday 15 June 2019
Waterstones, 82 Gower Street, London WC1E 6EQ

Join the Virginia Woolf Society of Great Britain and Waterstones as we celebrate the third DallowayDay, this year with the theme of Queering Dalloway. We’ll start by following in the footsteps of Bloomsburyians on their home turf, then look at how Mrs Dalloway has been adapted for stage and ballet, and in the evening explore queerness in the Bloomsbury circle and beyond.
All-event tickets include the walk and are limited to 25; panel events (including refreshments) can be booked separately

2.00    Bloomsbury walk led by Emma Woolf, great-niece of Leonard and Virginia Woolf and author of several books, including England's Lane
3.15    Tea and cake in the yard: homemade cake from a Bloomsbury recipe
4.00    Adapting Mrs Dalloway discussion panel
– Thomas Bailey and Hal Coase, director and adapter respectively of the recent Mrs Dalloway play at the Arcola Theatre in Hackney
– Uzma Hameed, dramaturge for Wayne McGregor’s Woolf Works for the Royal Ballet
– Chaired by Lucy Scholes, literary critic and reviewer
5.15   Wine & nibbles
– Includes book signings
6.00    Queer Bloomsbury discussion panel
– Nino Strachey, author of Rooms of Their Own: Eddy Sackville-West, Virginia Woolf, Vita Sackville-West, and Head of Research at the National Trust
– Anne Chisholm, writer and reviewer, editor of Carrington’s Letters and biographer of Frances Partridge
– Stuart N. Clarke, independent scholar, editor of the Virginia Woolf Bulletin and of many of Woolf’s works, including Orlando: The Holograph Draft
– Chaired by Maggie Humm, Emeritus Professor of Cultural Studies, University of East London, and author/editor of a number of books about Woolf and Bloomsbury
7.30    DallowayDay2019 closes
8.00    Waterstones Gower Street closes

Tickets
All events: walk + 2 panels + 2 refreshments (max. 25)     £30/£24 VWSGB or Waterstones members
Adapting Mrs Dalloway + tea & cake in the yard     £10/£8 VWSGB or Waterstones members
Queer Bloomsbury + wine & nibbles     £10/£8 VWSGB or Waterstones members
(Sorry, because of limited numbers, we cannot sell tickets for the walk separately.)
Book online via Waterstones (https://www.waterstones.com/events/dallowayday-2019-queering-dalloway/london-gower-street)

Hope to see some of you there! Please let me know if you hear about any other DDay events.

Sarah M. Hall
Virginia Woolf Society of GB