[Vwoolf] Muffins

Jeremy Hawthorn jeremy.hawthorn at ntnu.no
Tue Aug 20 04:47:05 EDT 2019

If you want some pictures (and recipes) see these links. My preference
was always for (English) crumpets over (English) muffins, and living
outside the UK I miss them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/english_muffins_56640

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crumpet

The UK slang use of crumpet in a sexual sense is discussed in
Partridge’s Dictionary of British Slang, and apparently dates back to
the 1880s. I doubt Woolf was aware of it.

Jeremy H