[Vwoolf] Summer courses in Cambridge July 2019

Dr T Tate tt206 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Sep 24 01:55:53 EDT 2018

Please share with students and colleagues.

14-19 July 2019. Virginia Woolf's Gardens. Summer course, Wolfson
College, Cambridge.

With Gillian Beer, Alison Hennegan, Karina Jacubowicz, Suzanne Raitt,
Trudi Tate, Nadine Tschacksch, Clare Walker Gore, and others.

Garden historian Caroline Holmes will talk about the Cambridge Botanical
Garden and about gardening history in Woolf's time. We will pay visits
to places of interest to Woolfians in Cambridge, including a viewing of
the manuscript of *A Room of One's Own*. For images of our 2018 course,
see our galleries:
https://www.literaturecambridge.co.uk/news/gallery-vw2018
https://www.literaturecambridge.co.uk/news/wren-visit

After the course, there is a trip to Monk's House and Charleston on 20
July which you can book with the course, if you wish.

https://www.literaturecambridge.co.uk/woolf-2019/

People are already booking from all over the world. Early bird discount
for bookings made by 15 November. Discount for members of VW Societies.

*
21-26 July 2019. Fictions of Home: Jane Austen to the Present Day.
Summer course, Wolfson College.

This course explores ideas of 'home' in literature, from the early
nineteenth century until today, from Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice
and Northanger Abbey, through Charles Dickens, Katherine Mansfield, and
Virginia Woolf, and ending with contemporary refugee writers Viet
Nguyen, UK Refugee Tales, and others.

With leading Cambridge scholars. Lectures, seminars, supervisions
(tutorials), talks, and excursions.

https://www.literaturecambridge.co.uk/home-2019/
---
Dr Trudi Tate