[Vwoolf] VW's houses

Harish Trivedi harish.trivedi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 08:45:08 EST 2018

I was once again in London briefly, staying as often within a stone's
throw, if that's the phrase, of the VW bust in Tavistock Square, where she
lived from 1924 to 1939 in a house no longer standing. Do we know where
precisely along the (rectangular) Square was the house?
Didn't she also live for shorter periods in Mecklenburgh Sq and Brunswick
Sq, the latter so utterly and wholly rebuilt?  Do any photos survive of
those houses and their interiors?

This is of course base curiosity unworthy of a Woolf reader. "Because he
has built a house, he would have us believe that there is a person living
there."  (Or similar, said of Arnold Bennett).

Harish Trivedi