[Vwoolf] Fine bindings of Woolf novels

Catherine Hollis hollisc at berkeley.edu
Fri May 18 19:41:57 EDT 2018

Yes, thank you Leslie for the link. And if I may piggy back on your email
with a CFP reminder for all on an upcoming issue of the *Miscellany* on the
theme of "Collecting Virginia Woolf (and Bloomsbury)." As editor, I'm
hoping to gather essays from multiple perspectives on the material
after-lives of Woolf's books: from antiquarian booksellers, special
collections librarians, scholars of libraries / collecting, Common Book
Collectors, and yes: bookbinders too! Please get in touch if you have an
idea you'd like to try out.

Thanks,

Catherine

--
Catherine W. Hollis, PhD
Instructor, Fall Program for Freshmen
hollisc at berkeley.edu

*Collecting Virginia Woolf (and Bloomsbury) CFP (Virginia Woolf Miscellany,
Sept. 30, 2018)*

Who collects Virginia Woolf and Hogarth Press books? When did the demand
for and economic value of Woolf’s and the Hogarth Press’s books begin in
the antiquarian book trade? Are Woolf and Hogarth Press books more or less
desirable than other modernist first editions? What are the emotional,
haptic, and educational values of early Woolf and Hogarth Press editions
for scholars, students, and common readers? What do the book collections of
Virginia and Leonard Woolf tell us about their lives as readers and
writers?

In addition to more formal academic essays, this issue of the *Miscellany *(in
collaboration with Blogging Woolf <https://bloggingwoolf.wordpress.com/> )
will also feature a special section called “Our Bookshelves, Ourselves.”
Our book collections tell stories about our reading lives and also about
our lives in the larger community of Woolf’s readers and scholars. In fact,
a history of our bookshelves might begin to tell a history of the IVWS
itself. If you are a “common book collector,” and your books tell a story
about your immersion in Woolf or Hogarth Press studies, tell us about it.
If you have interesting strategies or stories about acquiring collectible
editions of Woolf and Hogarth Press books on a budget, let us know!

Send submissions of 2500 words for longer essays and 500 words for “Our
Bookshelves” by September 30, 2018 to Catherine Hollis via
hollisc at berkeley.edu

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 8:52 AM, Jane deGay via Vwoolf <vwoolf at lists.osu.edu