[Vwoolf] Woolf statue

Sarah M. Hall smhall123 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 17 04:25:47 EDT 2018

 Yes, this has been going on for a couple of years, but the VWSGB has only recently become involved.
Maggie Humm and I met with the sculptor and the fundraiser recently, in hopes of persuading them to make a few changes to the face of the statue. While we assured them that we are (of course) very much in favour of a sculpture of VW in principle, and feel this is an appropriate figure in many ways, there are a couple of facial features that are not quite right, that we would very much like to see altered in order to achieve a better likeness. Cecil Woolf is of the same opinion, but Henrietta Garnett has endorsed the sculpture.
The changes are minor, and very doable, according to the sculptor, but whether our recommendations will be acted upon, we don't know!
The fundraiser's web page is at https://www.aurorametro.org/virginia-woolf-statue, but the face can better be seen at https://www.facebook.com/VirginiaWoolfStatue/