[Vwoolf] Woolf references

Neverow, Vara S. neverowv1 at southernct.edu
Fri Mar 30 12:42:17 EDT 2018

Greetings,

First, here is an article describing a tour featuring famous women in London that includes a reference to Woolf:

http://camdennewjournal.com/article/under-the-microscope-londons-great-women

[http://cnj-production-backend.out.re/app/uploads/2018/03/Marie-Stopes-300x211.jpg]<http://camdennewjournal.com/article/under-the-microscope-londons-great-women>

Under the microscope: London’s great women | Camden New ...<http://camdennewjournal.com/article/under-the-microscope-londons-great-women>
camdennewjournal.com
Under the microscope: London’s great women. Guided by author Rachel Kolsky, Maggie Gruner takes a female-themed tour through the capital. 23 March, 2018 — By ...

Second, below I have shared the link to this article about women scientists which includes this rather curious sentence: "American-born scientist Ray Costelloe became a leading member of Virginia Woolf’s Bloomsbury Group." Hmm.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2018/03/how-world-war-i-gave-women-scientists-a-chance-to-shine/

[https://news.nationalgeographic.com/content/dam/news/2018/03/24/bt-a-lab-of-ones-own/02-bt-a-lab-of-ones-own.ngsversion.1521737375211.adapt.1900.1.jpg]<https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2018/03/how-world-war-i-gave-women-scientists-a-chance-to-shine/>

How World War I Brought Women Scientists Into the Spotlight<https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2018/03/how-world-war-i-gave-women-scientists-a-chance-to-shine/>
news.nationalgeographic.com
>From inventing explosives to taking x-rays at the front, women in the U.K. during WWI had just as much mettle as the men they replaced. Later this year is the centenary of the end of the First World War, one of the bloodiest conflicts in human history, which led to the deaths of nearly 20 million ...

Best,