[Vwoolf] "Guns aren't lawful ... Gas smells awful"

Stuart N. Clarke stuart.n.clarke at btinternet.com
Thu Mar 8 07:42:15 EST 2018

The suicide rate in the UK has gone down since poisonous gas no longer became available in the home.
https://io9.gizmodo.com/5959303/why-have-people-stopped-committing-suicide-with-gas

Then she turned on the gas.

On the morning of Feb. 11, 1963, a Monday, a nurse found the poet Sylvia Plath in her flat on Fitzroy Road in London, an address where W.B. Yeats had once lived. She was “lying on the floor of the kitchen with her head resting on the oven,” according to a local paper, the St. Pancras Chronicle.

No doubt I’m preaching to the converted on the LISTSERV, but over here we’ll never understand the frontier mentality over guns.

Stuart