[Vwoolf] Olivier Bell

Shannon, Drew [School of Arts & Humanities] Drew.Shannon at msj.edu
Thu Jul 19 08:53:00 EDT 2018

What sad news.  I met and/or corresponded with her many times, and she was always kind and generous and funny, and I treasure the replies I received from her in her lovely, spidery handwriting.  I don't know a single Woolf scholar who isn't grateful to Olivier for her magisterial work on the annotations to the diaries.  She'll be greatly missed.

Drew

Drew Shannon, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of English
Coordinator of English
Mount St. Joseph University
5701 Delhi Road
Cincinnati, OH 45233 USA
(513) 244-4541
Drew.Shannon at msj.edu<mailto:Drew.Shannon at msj.edu>
Historian/Bibliographer of the International Virginia Woolf Society

"I meant to write about death, only life came breaking in as usual." -- Virginia Woolf, Diary, 17 February 1922