[Vwoolf] The New York Public Library’s Collection of Weird Objects - Virginia Woolf’s cane

Stuart N. Clarke stuart.n.clarke at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 17 05:01:43 EDT 2018

Lytton Strachey on Shakespeare:

“For some reason or another, the end of a man’s life seems naturally to afford the light by which the rest of it should be read; last thoughts do appear in some strange way to be really best and truest; and this is particularly the case when they fit in nicely with the rest of the story, and are, perhaps, just what one likes to think oneself.”

“Books & Characters” (Chatto & Windus, 1924), p.43