[Vwoolf] Title Interest to Modernist plus 30% discount code

Jones, Danell danell.jones at msubillings.edu
Mon Aug 27 17:59:12 EDT 2018

Given the upcoming conference on Woolf and Social Justice next year, I thought that some members of this listserv would be interested in my new book: An African in Imperial London: The Indomitable Life of A.B. C. Merriman-Labor.

Once considered at the vanguard of African literature, Merriman-Labor has long been forgotten. I think Woolfians will be fascinated by this British-educated African writer who embodied the Pan-African spirit of his age and whose writing and life provide a unique view of Edwardian London seen through African eyes.

Born in Sierra Leone in 1877, Merriman-Labor lived in London from 1904 to 1919. For a brief period in 1904, he lived in Bloomsbury-although I could never find evidence that he and Woolf ever crossed paths. He was at Lincoln's Inn at the same time as Adrian Stephen, however, though, again, no evidence that they knew one another.

The book is both a biography of Merriman-Labor and cultural history of Edwardian London. I hope it's a good read!

Please find a picture of the cover and the information about ordering (including a wonderful 30% discount code!) below.

Danell

Danell Jones, Ph.D.
danelljones.com

[cid:image005.jpg at 01D43E1E.E4204C90]<https://bit.ly/2vP31tE>