[Vwoolf] Exploiting Woolf's Name

Ellen Moody ellen.moody at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 14:40:41 EDT 2018

Just to say I have found this common behavior in a number of fan groups
online (whether it be face-book, or a webring, or some other social media
venue). Sometimes the group leader shows some patience and merely censors
your email after that, or you can't post, but you have impugned her book.
Also the kind of things done in Woolf's name are common elsewhere.

A parallel:  a significant brouhaha going on in the Bronte Society because
Nick Holland, author of In Search of Bronte, protested what is being done
'in the name" of Emily Bronte; he is being attacked by the celebrity type
hired to "celebrate" the events.

Here is his protest (among other things they are removing genuine artifacts
of the Brontes for recreated time capsules):

http://www.annebronte.org/2017/12/17/emily-bronte-lily-cole-and-the-shame-of-the-bronte-society/

As you might expect, he is now attacked by Lily Cole for being a snob:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/jan/04/lily-cole-bronte-society-resignation-nick-Holland
<https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/jan/04/lily-cole-bronte-society-resignation-nick-holland>

Ellen Moody