[Vwoolf] The War Within

Ellen Moody ellen.moody at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 20:03:03 EDT 2018

So now I'm teaching this class and we've had a very good discussion of
Flush. It's a very enjoyable text. We've begun Orlando. One of the people
in the class has lent me a DVD version of a1995 documentary (this term
seems so inadequate for this film), The War Within. It gets high praise,
and earned awards at the time (1995). I was much drawn to it, though I have
a couple of demurs.

For those who may not know of this film, here is the information on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/War-Within-Portrait-Virginia-Documentary/dp/B004MN4NMM/ref=sr_1_12?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1522794169&sr=1-12&keywords=the+war+within

Any thoughts by anyone who's seen and remembers the film.

Are there any evaluations of the film more recently?

Ellen Moody